Our Story

Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…

While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.

Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Official Total Fee Estimate Update


Doug found a different company for us to get a loan through. It's a larger loan for a longer time. Meaning we would be able to swing the whole amount of the adoption fee! We'd have to tighten our belts again, and would be in debt for about ten years instead of five, but it's doable. My panic is G, O, N, E, gone. We will still go ahead with the fundraisers though so we won't have to borrow as much and so we won't be strapped while carrying the loan. I am sooo extremely relieved  to know that no matter what, this adoption is doable and we can keep these children together! I know it is an answer to prayers.

So this brings up the question of us putting ourselves in debt when church leaders have advised against it. We faced the same question when we adopted Mya. With Mya's adoption and this adoption we have felt comfort in this. Doug absolutely despises debt. I mean he's fanatically against it. And yet he feels comfortable with this. Now that should tell ya something right there. With Mya's adoption we were given blessings here and there that allowed us to be able to pay off the loan in about half the time. Yep. And the same comforting feelings are coming again. Even more so actually. So we know things will happen to help us be able to carry this. They have already thanks to you! Thank you so very, very much.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Such amazing news! Family is a VERY good reason to take on some debt. You aren't being selfish. You aren't doing it to be seen of the world or get more 'stuff' that doesn't matter. This is going to be your eternal family. I couldn't agree with Doug more on this! HOO-RAY for you!!! And, I have more stuff for your garage sale!

    ReplyDelete