Our Story
Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.
Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.
Monday, February 11, 2013
Garage Sale
I began to feel I was bothering the lady at the Elk's Lodge by calling her back after her telling me she'd call me back but never doing so. It was a few times over the course of two and a half weeks. I'm sure she's just very busy. I have contacted every other place we can think of or you have thought of. None are possible. So we're just gonna have it at our house one Saturday. Probably better anyway since it'd take several trips to haul all the donated items to a different location anyway. We're shooting for the 23rd since this weekend is a holiday weekend and lots of people will be out of town. Our church family has given so much already so we're hoping to spread the word about our garage sale beyond our neighborhood. I'll post an announcement in the online ksl classifieds, and probably in the Clipper. I think that'll do it. We're also planning on posting big signs up at the 400 N & 500 W intersection, the Pages Ln & 200 W intersection, and every turn in between those intersections and our house. Lots of people have asked when the garage sale is because they have items they'd like to donate. If the weather holds up it'll be on the 23rd. Some have asked how they can help. While I hesitate to ask for further help since so much has already been given, we do need tables and space heaters. Since we have so much stuff (thank you!) I'll be starting to sort it out this week. So if you have a table or space heater you'd be willing to let us borrow, and if you won't be needing it within the next couple of weeks, please give us a call and we'll come pick it up now so we can start preparing. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment