Our Story

Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…

While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.

Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fundraisers Update

The Wendel Wright Chronicles Proceeds continues through March. 100 % of proceeds through March will be donated to our adoption fund. The third book, The Cimmerian Curse, is now available on Amazon in ebook format! Please remember to leave reviews on Amazon.

This is the last week to order for the online Scentsy party. 25% of the proceeds goes to our adoption fund.

This is the last week to order for the online Jafra party. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to our adoption fund.

Our garage sale is this Saturday, at our home, all day long. I'm hoping to have all the fundraising wrapped up by this date, but may need to hold a second garage sale the following Saturday as well. However, I also want to have Lucas' birthday party that day. So we will see. If you like garage sales and would like to volunteer to help me run it that'd be awesome. I'm clueless and nervous. Doug will be inside tending the kids and could watch yours as well.

We are still asking for donations for the recycle fundraiser. I will be mailing all the donated empty ink cartridges, toner cartridges, etc. at the end of the month.

We'd still love to receive donated SkyMiles. We have enough of our own to pay for one ticket, and a bit more to put toward the other ticket.

We have new items up for sale in our ebay store, and in the classifieds. We still have some items up in our half.com store as well.

On a side note, we'd love to receive donations of any baby formula you may get in the mail or from your doctor's office that you will not be using, and there are still printable flyers if you'd like to help us share our story.

Thank you for being there for us through all of this! Y'all have been so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be there to help. I'll probably be bringing kids since Brett will be working on our basement.

    ReplyDelete