Our Story

Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…

While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.

Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ideas Anyone?

Doug and I have a few other fundraiser ideas in mind. But we don't want to ask anymore of our friends and family. Y'all have already given so much. We are so thankful for you. We want to branch out to strangers. To the "public". Any ideas on how we can do that? Actually, any ideas on how we can do that without spending a ton of money? We're researching, but are currently at a loss. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. People love food!!! LET'S SELL SOME POLYNESIAN PLATES!!!! The polynesian people do this ALL THE TIME to raise money for league teams and scouts, etc. And, of course, it sure helps having a polynesian husband..haha.
    It would include...

    ***a barbequed chicken quarter (leg and thigh combined),
    ***meatballs,
    ***1 boiled banana with coconut cream and onions,
    ***a side of potatoe salad and
    ***sapa sui (I'm sure I just blasted the spelling)(clear noodles)

    It would be distributed in your normal white to-go boxes you get from restaurants....and @ $10 or $11 dollars a plate. How would everyone feel about this? Would you participate or know others that would purchase? A lot of money could be made doing this I think. :)

    ReplyDelete