(I just had to use that word. Who doesn't like Princess Bride, really?)
Thank you to Leasa, Wendy, Susan, Julie, a few others who donated items, and everyone who attended the "Share the Love" Boutique. Our family received just over $1,200.00 on Saturday! Oh my goodness! That's over twice the goal the ladies had in mind! I was in shock. Speechless There are no words. No words to describe how Doug and I feel about our church family and neighbors. They have rallied around us and carried us through this. On top of the boutique funds raised we have been given donation after donation, and our garage is slap full of things to sell at our garage sale. My heart is full and overflowing.
I can no longer say I do not have family here in Utah. For the first time in the nine years I've been here I feel at home. Though I am eternally grateful for it, it has absolutely nothing to do with the money. It's the unconditional love with which it was given. I am shy and awkward and terribly self conscience, but this experience has thankfully brought me out of all that, and I have gotten to know these people better than I ever would have without this trial of a blessing. What a huge growing and learning experience this has been for me. Thank you to everyone who has helped in any way. You will never know just how much it all has meant to me and just how much it has touched my heart. Thank you.
Our Story
Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.
Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment