This is an update on, well, everything. People have been asking what they can do to help, and where we are in the adoption process. I'll roll it all into one big post. Thank you so much for asking!
For the garage sale, I finally got the lady at the Elk's Lodge to call me back, but she seemed to not remember me even though we have talked a few times before, and asked me to send an email about "who we are and what we do". Okay. So I sent the email. Fingers crossed there 'cause I've talked to someone at every place y'all have suggested, and every other place we can think of and basically all are a no-go. If this falls through we'll just go for an actual garage with space heaters. One way or another it'll all work out!
About the proceeds from The Wendel Wright Chronicles, it could really use some Amazon reviews and word-of-mouth. The first book is only $1.99 in ebook form on amazon.com. If you're a reader please go check it out. I know once it gets traction it'll take off on it's own because the books are awesome, but it's the gaining traction part that we're all working on right now. So please read, review, Facebook, Tweet, and whatever else you can about these great stories that Larry Forkner has amazingly created. I love them and think you will too.
The "Share the Love" Boutique fundraiser is a local event that's happening soon. If you'd like to help there, the hostesses are asking for any handmade items, and for help in taking flyers door to door anywhere in West Bountiful. If you know of someone who lives anywhere in West Bountiful, please consider asking them to take whatever number of flyers they feel comfortable with and delivering them around their home. Flyers will be available Friday, tomorrow. The weather seems to finally be calming down enough to make this safe.
We currently have an online Scentsy party going on. All orders will be shipped directly to the purchaser's home, so anyone in the nation can order and a percentage of the proceeds will be donated toward our adoption fund. If you don't do Scentsy it's not a big deal. Just please use Facebook, or whatever else you can to help us get the word out about it. See the tabs above for the link to the Scentsy party, or for links to any other fundraiser mentioned in this post.
The baby bottle fundraiser hasn't quite taken off yet. With the dangerous weather I've not been out and about too much to shop for bottles and go 'round to businesses to ask if they'd be willing to place one on their front desk/counter area. If you have any sticky, printable address labels laying around that you don't need please consider donating them to use for this fundraiser. We'll print out a picture and a quick blurb about our adoption on it to stick to the bottles. If you know of any business owners who'd be willing to place a bottle on their front desk/counter area please let us know. I'll be working on this fundraiser a lot this weekend.
The recycle fundraiser is going well. We have almost a full "Walmart bag" full of empty ink cartridges. We will wait until March to mail all the ones we've collected in together, so there's still plenty of time to get more in. We'd mainly like to get the message of this fundraiser out to companies who go through lots of ink and toner. Please let us know if you have an idea on how to do this.
I've sold around $500.00 worth of stuff on ebay. Some was ours and most was donated. Thank you to those who have donated! Our classifieds sales are doing well too. People tend to not ask if you'll accept a lower price when you mention in the ad that you are raising money for an adoption. We've gotten a couple hundred dollars from that too.
The cloth diapering is going great! I really, honestly, and truly don't know why more people don't do it. Not bad at all.
As far as the adoption process goes, we're doing great! I pushed through the paperwork and got it all done already. I still haven't caught up on the sleep I gave up to do so, but am so glad I did it all in one big push instead of taking a bit at a time to get it done. One day I may type out the whole long list of what the state requires because I know some are curious. For now I am focusing on and fretting about the home visit. It's scheduled for Wednesday the 6th. Last time I cleaned like a maniac for a week, took stuff to the thrift store, cleaned out the cabinets and closets, checked every inch of the house, and not one cabinet or closet was opened, and the caseworker was not here long enough to even notice how clean the house was. This time our caseworker will be here for a bit longer to observe our family relationships. Heaven help us. I'm hoping my three under four kids choose to be happy that day.
I just submitted a third check to the adoption agency. This one was the $1,000.00 home study fee. And again, we were able to pay for this fee from funds raised. Thank you so very much! All of you are amazing and awesome.
So things are going great! Thank you to everyone of you who are reading this. I know that if you are then you are wishing us the best and praying things work out. We are indeed so very grateful for you.
Our Story
Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.
Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.
.jpg)
Wow, you guys have done SO much! I'm impressed and also in awe at your amazing faith and your drive to get to your goal! Once you know the location for your garage sale, please let me know as I have been saving stuff to bring you! Keep your heads up! I'm sure the home visit will go great!
ReplyDelete