I'm still trying to find a place for our indoor (hopefully) garage sale. The local elementary school said only if we have insurance, so no. The local Megaplex said no. Our church only holds fundraisers to help fund the youth activities. I've left three messages with the Elk's Lodge and no one has called me back. Anyone have a connection there? And I've left two messages at the local golf course to see if we could use the clubhouse there. No call back from them yet either. I left one message with the person in charge at the rec center and no return call there. I'm planning on going to the Elk's Lodge and golf course and rec center in person next week. Any other suggestions?
Update 1/24/13 - Got a no from the golf course.
Our Story
Any parent knows that they would do anything for their child, even something as uncomfortable as fundraising to help their child. We can’t bring our precious babe home without your help. Please share our story…While Doug and I had planned on adopting again in the future, I was surprised with a call from our agency. Our daughter Mya’s birthmother is expecting and wants us to adopt her baby boy due in only a few short months. Though we were excited at the news a look at our finances told us it was impossible. With adoption fees totaling over $40,000 (more than twice the fee for Mya's adoption) we knew there was no way my husband and I could possibly pay for this adoption. Over the past month we have done everything we can think of to come up with the money, including refinancing our home, looking at loans, slashing our budget, and setting up a garage sale. We are reaching out to anyone that can help us, no matter the size of the donation.
Please help us keep these beautiful children together. We deeply appreciate any and all donations, suggestions, and prayers.

Which Elks Lodge are you trying to contact? I am the President of the Utah Ladies of Elks and can possibly help you.My name is Suzanne and you can call me at 435-433-2324. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! It's the Bountiful Elk's Lodge. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Thank you so much!!
ReplyDeleteI am usually home after 5 but here are some names and numbers you can try. The Exalted Ruler's name is Alan Carroll and his number is 801-390-0551. The Ladies fo Elks President is Sally Cooley and her number is 801-725-8524. I know her personally and she is a sweetheart. Explain your situation to her and she will help you. In fact, I would call her first and see what she says. I hope this helps you out. If you have any questions, please call me.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I called you a few times today with no answer. Now I know I just didn't call late enough! :) I've been calling the name and number on the Elk's website. It was Cynthia and it was not one of the numbers you just gave me. So thank you so much! I will call Sally in the morning. Thanks, again!!
ReplyDeleteI left her a message yesterday morning and did not receive a call back. I'll call her again today.
ReplyDeleteCalled her again. No answer and didnt leave another message. Called Alan and left a message.
ReplyDeleteShe called yesterday and said she needs to check with you, I think. Thank you!
ReplyDelete